Jamaican Music & Food Festival 2019 – Melbourne
DateNovember 10, 2019
VenueSeaworks Maritime Precinct
Location82-92 Nelson Pl, Williamstown, Victoria, Australia 3016
Jamaican Music & Food Festival is taking place on Sunday 10 November 11am – 9pm at Seaworks Maritime Precinct in dockside Williamstown. Families are welcome, children under 10 go free, under 18s must be accompanied by an adult. Stages are on rotation throughout the festivals offer a range of headlining acts, Reggae Queens, Dub spaces and where appropriate, family entertainment.
The global icon of dub Mad Professor takes to Jamaican Music & Food Festival’s main stage in Melbourne. Mad Professor, the pioneering British producer credited with leading dub into the digital age will headline Australia’s fiercely independent celebration of Jamaican cross-culture.
- The original collector-selectors Deadly Dragon Sound System ft Jonny Go Figure (UK)
- Reggae maestro Richie Stephens will also be in swing to roll out crowd pleasers from his dancehall and soul repertoire
- JMFF stalwarts Heartical High Powa and Byron’s bad ass The 4’20 Sound complete the dub movement on the festival’s uncompromising Beast Of A Sound System.
- PBS trailblazer’s ska anorak Mohair Slim and Babylon Burning’s Jesse I (Aus)
- The “Real Housewives of Melbourne”, female reggae selectors Housewife’s Choice join the teflon-dons of dancehall, Burn-City Queenz and many more across four stages.
EATS and TREATS
No Jamaican Music & Food Festival is complete without icy Red Stripe on tap and seasoned street food traders, the traditions of family-friendly folklore and traditional kids’ storytelling continue with Miss Jackie, plus CaribVic’ s stunning steelpan band, and the latest braids, clothes, street wear and jewellery, celebrating black-style.
You’d be MAD to miss out as Jamaican Music & Food Festival – anthem-after-anthem of reggae, guaranteed positive vibes, and authentic , delicious food.
Jamaican Music & Food Festival, – MELBOURNE
Seaworks Maritime Precinct, Williamstown
ALL AGES/FAMILY FRIENDLY
11AM – 9PM, Sunday 10 November, 2019